Recent Posts

2.06.2010

The Shop Around the Corner

I've discovered something amazing in the past couple of weeks. One of my favorite movies of all time, You've Got Mail, is actually a remake of a Jimmy Stewart movie that was filmed in 1940 called The Shop Around the Corner!

Naturally, I wasted no time in adding it to my Netflix queue, and I have to say that the original is just as beautiful and charming (perhaps even more so) than my beloved You've Got Mail.

Both movies hold the same premise: It chronicles the lives of two people who detest each other, all the while participating in a romance through anonymous mail. You've Got Mail is basically an updated version (E-mail vs. convential letter writing).

In any case, The Shop Around the Corner is charming and well- scripted, an absolute delight to watch.


0 comments: