Recent Posts

4.24.2010

I want my childhood back

Lately, I've found myself longing for a simpler, uncomplicated time. I suppose all of these tedious (boring) adult responsibilities are getting to me. As children, we desperately wished to be older... Somehow, in our naive adolescent minds, we figured being older = more fun. I sometimes wish I could go back in time and shake some sense into my younger self. Oh, to be a child with no responsibilities!

No bills, no due dates, no worries.



Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket
 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

playing dress up. digging in the mud. running through sprinklers on hot summer days. waking up early to watch the sunday cartoons. bedtime stories. coloring. 90s music. barbies. believing in santa and the easter bunny. nap time. playing super nintendo. running down the ice cream truck.
imagining.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


What do you miss most about your childhood?


*All photos from We Love It

4 comments:

i'm no miss said...

I LOVE all the photos. And the 3rd to the last is especially true to me and my siblings. We did that all the time to our house then. Turning it literally upside down haha. I remember we made a "car" out of our electric fan, and "stairs" out of our iron board.

But we manage to get rid of all the mess - in a haphazard way- before our mom would come home.

Oh, i love this post!

daisychain said...

Oh these photos are wonderful. I too wish to be a child again, and kick myself now for wishing to be a "grown up" faster!

Sarah Von said...

I miss making blanket forts and making up dances with my neighbors.

I just wanted to pop over and thank you for entering the giveaway for my Karma Cards on the Daisy Chain blog. We have a few sets left if you're still keen! (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;)

Liz OT said...

I found your blog through Daisy Chai Dream, and I'm glad that I did. You've some beautiful entries, and I am really loving this one.

I miss the feeling of your first day of summer vacation when everyone goes crazy, running around in the warm air until well past curfew. Then, when you'd get in all hot and tired and covered in scrapes and bug bites, there would be no punishment or grounding because it was your special day of freedom. Then you just sleep until forever.