Recent Posts

5.31.2010

Practically perfect in every way

When I was in seventh grade, I spent the majority of my time in the school library, perusing the dusty 30 year shelves for something of interest. Imagine my delight when I came across a worn copy of P. L. Travers' Mary Poppins! This classic story is one of the most magical, wonderfully enchanting book I've ever read. I look forward to the day I can read this lovely book to my own children!



Photobucket


Unfortunately, I couldn't find pictures of the original illustrations online, so I snapped a few from my own copy (I apologize for the blurry quality):



Photobucket

There they were, all together, up in the air.




Photobucket






Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


<3


4 comments:

Liz OT said...

I've never read the book, but I was a maniac for the film as a child. Your copy is beautiful--I love illustrated editions!

M. said...

You have the best blog EVER!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, mary poppins was my favorite book growing up! i love this.

Margaret said...

Oh man! I loved that book so much! My school library had an old dusty copy too. :-)