Recent Posts

8.05.2010

Hello. Can't work today. Still queer.

On Wednesday, August 4th, 2010, a federal judge declared California's ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional.




"Justice is advancing thanks to today's ruling affirming Californians' constitutional right to marriage in faithful, same-gender relationships." - Bishop J. Jon Bruno
(Episcopal Diocese of Los Angeles)




"This ruling is the first in the country to strike down a marriage ban on federal constitutional grounds."
- LA Times







The war is not yet won. But I am relieved we won this battle. 

So, so relieved.



4 comments:

Gwen said...

yaaay!
i was so overjoyed when i heard the news.

man..i almost cried.

Margaret said...

Damn straight!

(pun intended)

I cried too.

Alivia said...

LOVE this post; made me laugh harder than normal because I was so happy! Hope you don't mind I featured it on my blog: aliviathinksthis.blogspot.com

If so, just let me know & I'll remove it!
-Liv

Harley said...

Amazing. I particularly love the 'but I guess we're SKIPPING that one' because of the snarky, snarky undertones.

Well done Cali!