Recent Posts

9.01.2010

Back to school: Vintage style!

Well, it is officially Back to School time. I'm happy to be back at work, especially since this time of year means that Autumn is just around the corner! In anticipation for the return to school and work, I've been browsing through etsy for the very best vintage school items. How I long to be a student again... Any excuse to snap up these wonderful vintage finds!

dandeliondaydreamer

This is easily the most gorgeous book bag I have ever seen! Somebody, please buy it so I can stop obsessing!


I found several textbooks from the 30s and 40s in an antique shop in Pennsylvania, but they were a little too pricey for me. Still, i would love to pick up a few copies of these amazing vintage school books for my collection.



I am loving this thermos and pouch set! It makes me want to start my very own collection of vintage thermoses!



folkcity

I lovelovelove colorful typewriters! Maybe not to crank out a term paper... but  it would certainly  be a nice decoration piece for my desk. 



5 comments:

Harley said...

I can't believe you didn't cover STATIONERY!!! I love stationery... I love coloured pens and pretty papers...

*happy sigh*

Also, that bag is very nice. And I wouldn't mind a typewriter! Vintage!

mice_aliling said...

I absolutely love vintage. I have a vintage typewriter that doesn't work. bags, clothes, etc. I love the nostalgic feel to it :)

http://micealiling.blogspot.com/2010/08/vintage-loving.html

Holly Bierly Young said...

I have been dying for a vintage typewriter for months now! Had to settle on an old rotary telephone which I love but you know...that typewriter will always be "the one that got away." :) Too big to fit on our mantle or piano which are currently the only places we have for such a wonderful monstrosity! Heehee...maybe someday though!

M. said...

Good thing you got a cool thermos today!!!

Kim W. said...

i love love love typrwritters too! i want a light blue one... might be getting one next week if all goes to plan! eek! cant wait